Saturday, May 26, 2007

Times of Change 4

Born on the Fourth of July by Ron Kovic
Stop the Sun by Gary Paulsen
To Heal a Nation by Joel L. Swerdlow

For your final readings of Times of Change, I would like you to set aside some time on Monday (Memorial Day) to read the choices above. Once you are done, I would like for you to post in your blog a note to the men and women on the Vietnam Veterans Memorial. After what you have learned over the past few days, and what you saw when we went to D.C., what would you want to say to them?

-I just want to say thanks, thanks for all you have given to make this country so great and united. It's leaders, like you that bring our country closer together. That show us that we fight for something we all believe in. You are so brave, so powerful, how do you do it? You have braved every obstacle set before you and it just amazes me. I tip my hat to the soldiers of the United States of America, I salute you.

No comments: